I believe mindfulness and meditation are key to living a life of connection, ease, and open-heartedness. I like to think of mindfulness as a muscle and meditation as daily exercise for our brain. The more we flex it, the more present we become and able to respond to life’s challenges with less stress, more compassion, and boosted resilience. We can also practice mindfulness in our daily lives through walking, listening and eating. As a result, we learn to befriend change and embrace transformation as the true catalysts for growth and living life with more peace, joy, and clarity. You don’t need to go to a mountaintop or sit cross-legged to get the benefits. With willingness and curiosity, you can start experiencing the benefits and practicing in the comfort of your home or office. I’ve compiled my favorite programs, apps, studios and teachers to help get you started.
Meditations For Managing Holiday Stress includes four of my go-to guided meditations to manage holiday stress. Sign up for my monthly newsletter and receive instant access.
Favorite Freebie Meditations includes my favorite go-to meditations: 5-minute breath awareness, 10-minute body scan, and 12-minute compassion meditation. Sign up for my monthly newsletter and receive instant access.
Healing Visualizations includes guided imagery for those embarking on a surgery or chemotherapy journey. Sign up for my monthly newsletter and receive instant access.
Gateway To Presence is an online experience that demystifies meditation. With just 5 minutes a day you’ll learn techniques that will begin to transform your life.
Headspace is excellent for learning the essentials of meditation and mindfulness. Free and subscription content available.
Insight Timer is home to more than 2,400,000 meditators with lots of variety.
Calm is the #1 app for sleep and meditation. Free and subscription content available.
The Meditation Bar provides classes that are consistent in quality, independent in belief and serious about helping people exercise their minds.
Align Austin is a boutique studio offering meditation, pilates, barre, boxing and yoga.
Los Angeles, California
Unplug Meditation offers a variety of classes that make meditation interesting, inspirational and easy for everyone from busy skeptics to modern soul-seekers.
The Den Meditation provides a peaceful oasis with a wide selection of classes and workshops.
New York City
MNDFL features expert teachers from a variety of traditions offering simple techniques in an accessible manner.
Flint Sparks is a Zen teacher and former psychologist dedicated to assisting people in the unending path of growing up and waking up. He leads retreats throughout North America and Europe. I’m honored to call Flint my teacher, mentor, and friend. In addition to playing an instrumental role in my cancer journey, he continues to inspire me with his teachings and retreats.
Sarah Mclean is the creator of the Mclean Meditation Institute and a best selling author. I first met Sarah as a student at her Meditation Teacher Training Academy. With over 20+ years of experience teaching meditation, her classes, trainings, and workshops are making meditation available and accessible to everyone. Sarah has since become a trusted advisor and mentor on my path as an author and teacher.
Cancer Organization Resources
- Breast Cancer Resource Center – Dedicated to supporting and improving the lives of those touched by breast cancer.
- Flatwater Foundation – Dedicated to providing those diagnosed with cancer, their families and loved ones access to mental health therapy and family support.
- Cancer Wellness Center – Improving the physical and emotional well-being of people affected with cancer.
- Blanton-Davis Ovarian Cancer Resource Center – Providing a multi-disciplinary integration of research, patient care, education and prevention initiatives focused on ovarian cancer.
- weSPARK – Offer free support groups, integrative therapies and educational programs designed to alleviate the physical and emotional side effects for all those who have been affected by cancer.
- Oklahoma Project Woman – Dedicated to providing access to breast health care that will facilitate the early diagnosis of breast cancer and decreasing the mortality rate for uninsured women with limited financial resources.
- Hope Connections – helping people with cancer and their loved ones deal with the emotional and physical impact of cancer through participation in professionally facilitated programs of emotional support, education, wellness, and hope.