It’s no secret that I am a lifetime seeker of all things health, wellness, and spirituality. I’ve gathered my top picks of books that have and continue to influence my perspective on the mind, body, and spirit connection – just in time for summer. Many of these are referenced in Here We Grow and have traveled with me through the years and I know will continue to take up precious space on my bookshelf. I hope something catches your curiosity.
- Love, Medicine and Miracles – Bernie Siegel: I discovered this book while watching the Oprah show at age 13. I can’t explain why watching Bernie Siegel talking about things like meditation and visualization when it came to healing diseases like cancer and heart disease resonated at that age, but it did. And thank goddess for it! More details about the impact in Here We Grow🙂
- Women’s Bodies Women’s Wisdom – Christiane Northrup: I’m kind of a fangirl of Dr. Northrup, so when I received her endorsement for my book, it was beyond a dream come true. This book was literally a bible in my 20s for my friends and I.
- Anatomy of the Spirit – Carolyn Myss: This was one of the first books where I began to first explore “energy medicine” including the chakras and the connection of our emotional and physical being.
- The Power Of Now – Eckhart Tolle: The wisdom that pours out of Eckhart Tolle is literally life changing. It can start out a little slow, but if you stick with it, your soul will forever be impacted.
- Dying To Be Me – Anita Moorjani: This was one of the first memoirs I read after I finished chemo and I related so much to Anita’s journey. Technically she had a near death experience, but her insights and lessons that came back with her when she re-entered her body is something all of our souls will recognize.
- The Four Agreements – Don Miguel Ruiz: This is a simple and classic book that I continuously reference in my workshops and my life.
- The Untethered Soul – Michael Singer: This is a beautifully written book with deep wisdom and helped me to tap into a level of source and spirit that has shifted the lens from which I live my life.
- Big Magic – Elizabeth Gilbert: Anything Liz Gilbert does, I am in. This book opened up the possibility that perhaps, one day, I could write a book:-)
- Whatever Arises Love That – Matt Kahn: Matt Kahn is easily one of my favorite new spiritual teachers. He takes older spiritual paradigms and provides a fresh new lens that is simplified, heartfelt and hilarious!
- Heart Talk – Cleo Wade: I am officially obsessed with Cleo Wade and literally do not leave my house without this book. It is a staple in all of my classes and basic daily reading for me.
BONUS: You Can Heal Your Life – Louise Hay – This is simply a staple that has been on my bedside since my 20s. Louise Hay was a true pioneer and this book is the catalyst that provides the emotional triggers of physical symptoms and their healing mantras.
Do you have a favorite mind-body-spirit book? Please share in the comments!